Pregnancy can be an unexpected, life changing event. You might feel alone, scared, and unsure of what to do. At The Pregnancy Center we are here to help.
You do have options and you are not alone!
Adoption is one option to consider when facing an unplanned pregnancy. It might sound overwhelming at the start, but one of the first things to know about adoption is that so much has changed for the better over the years. It is a safe and healthy choice that truly empowers YOU to meet your goals, while knowing you have given your child a loving home and life.
There are millions of families that are waiting to adopt each year at no cost to the birth family. As you consider adoption there are many factors to process. We believe that you are much more capable of making an informed, healthy and safe choice when you have all the facts and have fully explored every option and your own feelings.
Here are a few facts about adoption and what YOUR choices are:
• You can choose the family
• You can choose the agency or organization you work with
• You can choose whether it’s an open, partially open, or a closed adoption and how much ongoing contact you have with the child
• You can choose how things go at the hospital and throughout your pregnancy
• You can choose the timing of your child’s placement
• You can choose plans for your future with the peace of mind that you provided your child with the gift of life and a loving family
• Family options are endless
• In most instances it is of no cost to the birthparent
Knowing that you play a huge role in the adoption process can help ease your fears and concerns. Things have changed for the better and countless women and birth parents have walked this path and are proud of their choice. Many times adoption can be the best alternative for everyone involved. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone in the process.
At The Pregnancy Center you can receive help, encouragement and resources. We recognize that there is a lot to think about and consider. We would love to sit down with you and go over all of the new facts and information. Although we are not an adoption agency we have many resources that we can connect you with if you are considering adoption. We also have a program that lets you meet with a mentor weekly and walks you through the entire process, as well as be a support for you through this time.
Call today and schedule an appointment at 541.772.1921